What Is A Sitemap
A sitemap is a file that contains the data related to your posts.It stores your posts in the form of a XML file helps to maintain a record of posts you have done on your blog.A sitemap is like a list of books kept in library containing details of each and every book.
Why To Submit Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools ?
We submit sitemap to google webmaster tools so that google can maintain a record of posts we have done on our blog and make them appear in the search results.Same is done by the other search engines like bing,yahoo etc.
How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools ?
- Go to this link:- http://www.google.com/webmasters
- Click on the title of your site from the list that appears.
- Click on the sitemap tab from the 3 different link that appear.
- And if you have more than 500 posts than add the following code in the box:-
- Now click on Submit Sitemap button,and we are done
How To Resubmit A Sitemap ?
- Go to webmaster tools and click on sitemap tab
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a list of sitemaps that you have submitted
- Select the checkbox at the left side of the sitemap and click resubmit button.
This is a really important tutorial that every newbie should follow if he/she wants his/her post to appear in search engines.Remember to add the correct code in the box else it can result into a penalty by google on your site.