What Is Schema.org ?
Schema.org is a new mark up language developed as a combined project by Google,Bing And Yahoo. Schema.org is a coding language that tells the search engines about the structure of the data and what data contains.Since search engines suffer a lot of problem due to black hat SEO,we can also assume that this is a way to find out black hat SEO tricks.These codes let's the index bots to understand and index the content in a better way.
What Is Structured Data Mark Up Helper ?
Structured data mark up helper is a big relief provided by google to the webmaster's who don't have enough expertise to add the schema.org mark up to their blog's or blog posts.It allows you to add the schema's correctly and nicely only by going through 3 different steps.
How To Use Structured Data Mark Up Helper ?
- Go here:- https://www.google.com/webmasters/markup-helper
- Select the article type,for example:- Movie,Book Review etc.
- Enter the url of your article in the box present at the bottom and click on Start tagging button at the right side of the box.
- After clicking on start tagging,a screenshot of your page will appear at the left side with a box containing the data of mark up on the right side.
- Now highlight the content that you want to tag and a sub-menu will appear showing you the list of schema types that you can tag.For example:- In the below screenshot I have tagged the title of the post.
- If you will assign the mark up type to the text than that text will appear at the right column in front of schema type assigned.For example: I tagged the name of the page in the below screenshot
How To Add Schemas That Are Not Present On Page ?
- Tag everything that you find on the page and for the schema's that you don't find on page,click on Add Missing Tags button.
- From the pop up box,select the missing data type from the left side and in the right side box add the content of it.
How To Implement Schema To The Post ?
- After adding schema's click on Create HTML button on the top-right side of the page.
- An big HTML code of your blog will appear on the right column of the page.
- On the scroll bar present at the right of the column you might find some yellow lines,which represent the place where the schema's has been added.Click on them and it will drag you to the highlighted schema included in the code.
- Now you can copy those schemas and add them in your blog posts,at the place where they have been added in the code.
In the rush going around the web,for ranking better in search results this is the best and the easiest way.And you can also avoid penalties from Panda 4.0 using schema's.Note:- Adding wrong schema's to your post or adding schema's at wrong place can even penalize your site in the crime of using black hat SEO tricks.If you are facing any problem in using the tool or in adding the mark up than ask me.Comment below.